Silva wants World Cup, Ballon d’Or


Lazarus Sauti

Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil centre-back Thiago Silva hopes to follow Italian Fabio Cannavaro, who won the World Cup and the Ballon d’Or in the same year.

Cannavaro was the last defender to claim Fifa’s top individual prize in 2006 after steering his country to World Cup honours.

And with Brazil hosting next year’s global showpiece, Silva is dreaming of repeating a similar success story.

“If we become world champions it may open the door to the Fifa Ballon d'Or, although I think it would be difficult,” he told the official Fifa website.

He added: “Every 10 years a centre-back may win it once. You never know what tomorrow brings, but I realise it is very tough.

“What I am thinking about is playing well to provide my team with a solid foundation to win games.

“What I am thinking about is winning the World Cup. If this puts me among the best again, I will be very happy.”

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the hell are men and women prepared to poison themselves for sex?

Are butt-fattening pills real?

Fake news: An insidious problem